Do I Need Hardwood Floor Repair in Calgary, AB?
Hardwood floors add an unparalleled natural look to your home, and nothing can compare to the warmth and shine of newly installed wood flooring. However, your flooring withstands lots of wear and tear over the years. Scratches, scrapes, and gouges can mar the surface and detract from the beauty of even the most well-maintained flooring. Luckily, it is possible to fix most types of scratches with professional hardwood floor repair in Calgary, AB.
At Bull Tough Flooring, we always choose the least invasive method to fix scratches and grooves, as follows:
- Scrape: Abrasions on your hardwood floors typically don’t penetrate deeply into the wood grain. For superficial scrapes, we can sand, polish, and re-stain the impacted area.
- Scratch: For a shallow scratch, a clear maintenance coat often restores your floor to pristine condition. If you have scratches over the floor’s entire surface due to pets or daily rough use, we may recommend sanding it down and refinishing it.
- Gouge: For small gouges, we can sand the impacted area or use fillers to even out the surface. Then, our technicians refinish the area to match the rest of your floor.
- Deep Gouge: If you have several deep gouges along with other damages, we may have to replace the gouged floorboards.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Scratched Floors?
If your hardwood floors are scratched beyond repair, or there are structural issues with the floorboards, we may suggest that you replace some or all of them. Here are a few questions to keep in mind prior to deciding whether to repair or replace your hardwood flooring:
- Does the floor creak when I walk on it?
- Do the floorboards move?
- Are there large gaps between the boards?
- Is the floor warped or uneven?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, repairing the scratches won’t solve the structural issues with your wood flooring. In that case, your Bull Tough Flooring technician may recommend installing a new floor rather than wasting money on spot repairs.
Hardwood Floor Installation Near Me
If you have deep scratches and gouges, you may decide to update your home’s look with a new hardwood floor. Instead of searching online for “hardwood floor installation near me,” turn to Bull Tough Flooring, we are known for keeping hardwood floors in top condition throughout Calgary and the surrounding areas.
Maintaining Your Hardwood Floors After Investing in Scratch Repairs
Applying a maintenance coat to your hardwood floors can help prevent future damage and minimize damage due to your pet’s nails and claws. You can choose from a variety of finishes for a like-new look on the flooring throughout your home. This will prove less expensive than sanding down and refinishing the entire floor all over again.
Discuss your hardwood floor repair options in Calgary, AB, with a Bull Tough Flooring representative. Call us at 403-975-2579 or contact us online to get a quote for scratch repairs and hardwood floor installation.