Useful Tips from Your Trusted Hardwood Repair Specialists in Calgary
Hardwood floors in any home develop scratches over time. It is not just active kids, pets, or movement of furniture that may lead to scrapes and grazes. Each time anyone walks on hardwood flooring, some amount of sand, grit, debris, etc. go deep into the floor and create scratches on the floor finish.
The hardwood repair experts at Bull Tough Flooring have decades of experience in installing, repairing, maintaining and refinishing wooden floors in Calgary homes. Here’s some tips to prevent or minimize scratches on wooden floors.
Top 5 Ways to Keep Your Hardwood Floors Scratch-Free for a Long Time
- Keep Your Floors Clean: Letting fine dust, dirt or grime accumulate on your wooden floors raises the risk of tiny dings and scratches within a short period of time. Hence, one of the most basic steps in minimizing the wear and tear on your hardwood floors is to keep them clean. Invest in the right cleaning tools and brooms, specifically designed for wood floors. As a best practice, consider sweeping daily, vacuuming or mopping weekly, polishing the floors every month or two, and deep cleaning annually.
- Use Furniture Floor Pads: Add protective pads to all your movable furniture pieces to ensure that they do not cause accidental scuffs or scratches. Avoid using any plastic-wheeled furniture items as those tend to damage hardwood flooring easily. Felt or cork pads or glides are excellent options to safeguard your wooden floors from the harmful movement of chairs or coffee tables.
- Shield Your Floors from Footwear: Compared to sofas, chairs, or sideboards, shoes may seem like an insignificant threat to your wooden floors. However, if your shoes have pointed heels or have the type of soles that easily pickup small stones, they can quickly damage wooden floors. Consider wearing house slippers while moving around inside the home, and stock a few pairs for your guests as well. Add a doormat at the entrance as residual water, snow, or salt are some of the worst culprits of flooring damage around the entryway.
- Trim Your Pet’s Claws: Most pets may not deliberately scratch the flooring. However, even if they simply walk on hardwood floors, their claws could cause scratching and dents to the wood surface. Let your furry friends enjoy the floors as much as you do by keeping their nails trim. If frequent grooming sessions are not an option, consider pet booties or nail caps. If you are installing new wooden floors in a certain area of your home, there are plenty of pet-friendly hardwood flooring options to choose from.
- Use Rugs: Clever use of area rugs in high-traffic zones will prevent wear and tear on your wooden floors. Remember to stick some non-slip rug pads around the corners to ensure that the rugs do not move or cause accidental trips and falls. You may also want to periodically rearrange your rugs and furniture pieces. This will keep the wood looking lively and fresh, while also redistributing the stresses so that the floor ages evenly.
Bull Tough Flooring Offers Professional Hardwood Repair in Calgary
Despite all the precautions, if your wooden floors are looking dull, or have marks, gouges or scuffs, do not be disheartened as this is inevitable and will happen. To repair scratches, dings or damage to your hardwood floors, count on the flooring professionals at Bull Tough Flooring, the best hardwood floor refinishers in Calgary. Our qualified crew has the skills and experience to restore and repair old floors, as well as refinish new floors.
Happy homeowners in and around Calgary count on us for our quality products, impeccable finishes and efficient and timely completion of projects.
For reliable and cost-efficient hardwood repairs in Calgary, count on an award-winning flooring company, such as Bull Tough Flooring. Give us a call at 403-975-2579 to discuss your requirements or complete our online form and we will get back to you soon.