10 Benefits of Solid Hardwood Flooring
Upgrade Your Calgary Home Today!
The debate on tile versus carpet versus hardwood may be a never-ending one, and each flooring material has its own pros and cons. Factors such as the size and location of your home, maintenance preferences, and budget, and current life stage may be key in selecting the most suitable flooring material for your home.
The experienced professionals at Bull Tough Flooring, a leading hardwood flooring company in Calgary, explain some of the advantages of installing solid wood floors in your Calgary home.
Hardwood Flooring Never Be a Bad Investment. Here’s Why:
- Strong and Durable Material: Hardwood by itself is a strong and durable surface that does not scratch or dent easily.
- Stunning Visual Appeal: Wooden floors add warmth, character, and a certain charm and elegance to any home. Whether it is a compact apartment or a sprawling bungalow, hardwood floors tend to make spaces look bigger.
- Increased Home Value: Upgrading to hardwood floors is a foolproof option to enhance the resale value of your home. Most homebuyers prefer hardwood over the carpet, not just due to the ease of maintenance, but also because of hygienic reasons. They simply do not want ‘someone else’s used carpet’.
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance: Prefer to sweep, vacuum, or steam clean? Any or all of these methods work for cleaning hardwood floors. Whether it is pet urine, wine stains, pet dander, or any other dirt or grime, all you have to do is wipe down the wooden floors. Besides being incredibly easy to clean, hardwood floors do not need any major maintenance, unless there is sun or water damage, or deep dents or scratches.
- Versatility: With a wide range of textures, patterns, colors, and types to choose from, hardwood floors can adapt to any décor theme and interior design. Whether you change the wall colors, decorative accents, or wall art, your wooden floors will always complement or enhance the rest of the décor in your home.
- Steady Appearance: Over time, carpets lose their luster and show visible signs of wear and tear. Hardwood floors have a long lifespan and rarely need a full replacement. Moreover, restoring your wooden floors to their original shine and beauty through a cost-efficient hardwood refinishing service can add several more years to the life of the wood.
- Better Acoustics: One of the reasons that most music or dance studios feature hardwood floors is because wood helps in reducing the vibrations and hollow ambient sounds in these spaces. The same advantage extends to your homes, which means, hardwood floors can improve the acoustics within any room.
- Improved Air Quality: Carpets tend to accumulate and trap dust, pet dander, pollen, or other common allergens, which can deteriorate the air quality in your home. While tile or laminate flooring may not attract as many allergens like carpet, they still feature grout lines and embossing that could retain the air polluting agents. Hardwood floors do not pose any such problems and essentially help in achieving better air quality than the other flooring materials. If you or your family members suffer from chronic allergies, wooden floors are a must-have for your home.
- Flexibility in Updates: Replacing hardwood floors is tedious and expensive. However, if you are looking for a change in the color or sheen, hardwood refinishing is an inexpensive option to achieve a new look for your space.
- Long-lasting and Cost-Effective: Upgrading to hardwood floors may be more expensive than carpet, tile, or laminate. However, the material’s durability, ease of cleaning, and low maintenance requirements make it a cost-effective option that lasts for generations.
Expert Installation by Hardwood Flooring Specialists in Calgary
At Bull Tough Flooring, we specialize in solid hardwood installation, repairs, and refinishing services. Our impeccable work quality and excellent customer service have earned us many awards and accolades, including “Calgary’s Best Hardwood Flooring Company”, several times in the past ten years. Our talented crew skillfully carries out the installation and finishing processes, in strict adherence to the National Hardwood Flooring Association (NWFA) standard and guidelines. We aim to complete every project on time and on budget and offer a lifetime warranty on all our services.
Looking for the best hardwood floor installer near you? Explore the complete range of products and services by Bull Tough Flooring, your trusted hardwood flooring company in Calgary. Reach out to us to request an instant quote today.